December 20, 2010

Movie Review- My Neighbor Totoro.

I had wanted to see this movie for a long time before I finally got a chance to see it.  I must say honestly that I was a bit disappointed.  It wasn't as amazing as I'd heard it was.  Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, it's very cute.  I just found it kind of boring.  If it means anything, I did buy it after seeing it a few times.  Anyways, here we go:


After moving to a new home a young girl names Mei sees a small creature collecting acorns.  Mei follows the small creature who leads her to her new neighbor, a forest spirit named Totoro.  When Mei wanders off to visit their mother in the hospital her older sister Satsuki enlists the help of Totoro and his mysterious friends to help her find Mei.

My review: 8/10.
The story is a bit slow but it's such a cute movie that I didn't mind.  My favorite parts of the movie are when each girl meets Totoro for the first time.  I recommend watching this if you like cute movies, but not if you want to watch something deep.

If you've seen this movie, what did you think?

No comments: