May 18, 2011

What I've been up to in the past month.

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted.  Bad, bad blogger.  Buut, I come back to you armed with excuses.  I've been busy!  (who hasn't?)  So here is a catch-up on what I've been doing:

Yard work.  Lots and lots of yard work.


We've had to clean the gross pile of garbage that was our yard.  Then we had to seed the entire thing so we'd have somewhat of a lawn.  The grass is still rather patchy though... 

We've dug up a spot for a garden, then planted said garden.  Two gardens I guess, one in front of our house for our herbs and fruit, one down in the corner of our yard for veggies.  Okay, I guess I lied again, we have a spot with flowers as well as some things in our landlord's green house, and in the garden in his yard.  Phew!

I also started a compost bin, attempted to clean out the garden shed (too gross and dark and dingy so I gave up), and planted window boxes.  We also gave the porch a good clean so we've been bbqing and eating outside every chance we get.  And I made a little garden center on the porch.

Pffft, I give up on this typing.  You probably already gave up on reading it too, so I'll just go outside right now and take pictures of what we've been up to.  Part two soon to come.

No comments: